Wednesday, March 16, 2011

free living challenge - day 39

goal... to abstain from spending hobbies - to focus on finding daily joy in no cost living.

today's joy...

cleaning chores were the order of the day.  our kids got their bowl cleaned too... as far as i could tell blossom and shark are happy with my efforts.


continued working in the stationary theme for this week.  made some cards out of some cardboard boxes we had lying around with fun pictures from old calenders and magazines.


and made some postcards - some with space to put in a black and white picture of home. 
for the lined area sourced some unused pages from last years diary.  my husband keeps everything and eventually i find a use for it. we're a good team. :)


a satisfying day all round today. i've discovered i don't find cleaning gives me a rewarding feeling but knowing it does for my husband makes it all worth while.  after making the cards i went searching round the house for gifts i can send to friends and family to brighten up their days. created a fun afternoon!

happy hump day all... its downhill to the weekend from here!

4 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. I hate throwing away my old Frankie magazines and always cut out the pretty prints all the while not knowing what I will use it for. This would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so resourceful! they are cute as!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards have turned out beautifully! Also, I really like your goal...very worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for my gorgeous parcel in the post! I felt so special receiving a handmade card, lovely things for my kitchen and the scarf that is on my head :)

    You are very, very sweet. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete