Wednesday, April 13, 2011

free living challenge - day 12

goal... to abstain from spending hobbies - to focus on finding daily joy in no cost living.

today's joy... came from...

lunch. brown rice with greens (all from my garden!) salad with honey/lemon/soy dressing. yum. so great to be starting to reap the rewards of my first 6months of vegie gardening. i've been off work for a few weeks recently and have had fun getting creative living from my cupboard and garden instead of buying lunch or dropping to the shop for more exciting ingredients in the spirit of this challenge.


and one of my favourite things to do which we never do enough... picnic in the backyard chilling with hubby in the cool of the evening waiting for the stars to come out. where ever my rug is, a picnic can be.



i have great plans for my rug and me. pulling it out and sitting in the peace of nature always clears my head and brigthens my day. being still can be such a challenge in our busy lives.  i've noticed i avoid being still by distracting myself with tv, dvds, gardening, sewing, organising... and previously shopping... to avoid thinking through some tough things on my mind.

i challenge you to take a moment out sometime this week to be still and settle your mind in a favourite spot in your world. sit, breath, enjoy. :)

1 comment:

  1. well done with keeping with the no shopping! Have not picnic'd in the garden since the children were little! love the look of your rug.

    ReplyDelete