we grow radishes for my hubby as it's a fav childhood memory of his picking a fresh radish straight from the garden to crunch on.
not one of my favourites however we've had super radishes growing so have needed to harvest them before he's gotten to eat them all so needed to find a pickling recipe.
1. slice radishes; set aside
2. place one clove garlic and four cloves in each of two medium mason jars; slice open garlic a bit if it's a large clove
3. combine vinegar, salt and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. add herbs to vinegar mixture
5. pour vinegar mixture over radishes in a large bowl; stir until all are covered
6. transfer radishes to jars, and then cover with vinegar mixture. top off each bottle with enough white vinegar to cover the radishes
7. put in fridge, let sit for a couple hours/days, and enjoy.
found this one online here which suited the ingredients in my cupboard however want to try another one with coriander, ginger and peppercorns next.
actually quite enjoying these now they're pickled! great in brown rice salads and on sandwiches. i'm a convert!