for dad. my favourite garden-cook buddy.
recipe from 'back to Maclean High School Cookbok 40th Anniversary 19961-2001'
by Margaret Kirby
7.5 cups water
1. cut oranges and lemon into very thin slices, removing seeds.
2. put slices into a bowl, add water and leave overnight.
3. next day put into saucepan and cook gently until rinds are soft and water is reduced by 1/3.
4. put seeds in calico and tie to pot handle - dangle in jam.
5. add the sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved, then boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
6. stir gently and bottle into sterilised jars.